C. Otto Gehrckens (shortly named COG) belongs to one of the leading suppliers of precision o-rings and elastomer seals.
COG has an in-house mixing department, a flexible production facility and delivers from Europe's largest o-ring warehouse (more than 45,000 items in stock) most various materials produced according to DIN ISO 3601, including FFKM/FFPM, FKM/FPM, EPDM, VMQ, PTFE, NBR, HNBR, etc.
Based in Pinneberg, Germany, near Hamburg, managed by the fifth generation of the founding family COG has been providing German quality, experience and innovation for over 145 years. Tradition and innovation are a single potent entity at COG and the key to success. As a mid-size company with over 200 employees COG develops in his R&D department new products for users in the seal technology in a targeted, rapid and market-oriented way in close cooperation with the application technology and sales department.
Customer and industry sectors
Products from COG are used in most different fields of industry. The main customer sectors are technical specialized trade as well as leading manufacturers from various branches including motor manufacturing, hydraulics, pumps and fittings, electro-technology, vacuum technology, pneumatics, medical technology, plant construction, laser technology, power generation, chemical engineering and the automotive supply industry.
COG at a glance
- Founded in Pinneberg near Hamburg in 1867
- Independent family-owned company with more than 200 employees
- Optimised delivery service using our modern logistics centre
- Europe's largest o-ring warehouse (more than 45,000 items kept in stock for immediate delivery)
- Tools available for more than 22,000 different O-Ring dimensions
- In-house toolmaking
- Close cooperation with leading raw material manufacturers
- In-house compounding and compound development
- Release certificates and approvals available for various materials for different industries e. g. BfR, KTW, DVGW, NSF/ANSI 61, 3-A Sanitary Standard, FDA, USP
- Quality management per DIN EN ISO 9001 standards
- Environment management in compliance with DIN EN ISO 14001
- Certifications and approvals for many materials e. g. BfR, KTW, DVGW, NSF/ANSI 61, NORSOK, FDA, USP